- Acquaint building officials, health officials, pool contractors, and designers with the definition of ‘standard’, ‘code’, and ‘ordinance’ and how they differ in application.
- Familiarize these stakeholders with the current provisions and requirements of the standards, codes, and ordinances governing swimming pool and spa construction.
- Discuss and enable code officials to promulgate checklists for their review staff and their field staff regarding pools and spas.
- Create a bridge between code officials and contractors to streamline the process of permitting by defining expectations.
- Define swimming pool and spa regulations for a more consistent process across jurisdictions.
- Provide learners with helpful graphs, charts, and spreadsheets to simplify the calculating and checking of calculations needed for pool and spa permits.
- Examine document and educational resources available to them through PHTA and ICC.
- Most importantly, to save lives.
Codes and standards come at us from all sides, it seems, and every year or so those codes and standards are updated, creating a feeling of being lost in the woods for contractors, designers, enforcement, and permitting agencies. In this course, we’ll differentiate between codes, standards, and ordinances. Examine what these documents require of all parties affected by them and conclude with providing background and intent on the provisions within these documents.
This is a required course to become a Certified Expert Pool Builder & Design Professional.
0.8 IACET CEUs
See all upcoming and on-demand engineering courses.